The Magnetic Fly Bench is a solid addition to your fly tying bench. With a footprint of 8″ x 10″ it is not obtrusive or in the way. The overall height of the bench is just less than 0.25″ (not including the hackle gauge pin). The Magnetic Fly Bench is designed to sit next to your vise and become an integral part of your fly tying work space.
The Magnetic Fly Bench is Patent Pending.
Constructed from 0.063″ laser cut aluminum sheeting topped with a 6″ x 9.5″ 60 mil high strength magnet. Sitting on six 10mm x 3mm rubber feet.
- Precision Laser Cust Aluminum
- Textured and Anodized
- Laser Engraved
The surface of the aluminum is laser engraved with a general bead size reference for hooks size #2 – #22. Also included is a hackle gauge for hackles sized #4 – #24 as well as dual rulers; one six inches and the other fifteen centimeters. Note: The texturing of the aluminum will at times show through the laser engraving.
- Hackle Gauge #4 – #24
- Bead Size Reference
- Dual Rulers
The magnet is printed right here at Firehole Central and is adorned with a cross grid across the entire surface. Also included on the surface is a Composite Loop gauge for creating the perfect dubbing loop and a four-inch, 90-degree radius graph for those of you who need specifics and precision in measuring your materials.
- Surface grid (1/2″ or cm)
- Composite Loop Gauge
- 90-Degree Radius Graph
- The Magnetic Fly Bench utilizes a printable substrate to cover the magnet surface. This substrate is gloss polyester and stands up to spills quite well. Tests have show that water leaves no trace. Dark liquids like coffee, beer, soft drinks, etc. can leave a stain but, the label will remain intact once dry.
- Should you spill a drink or other liquid we recommend that you blot the spill and then simply let the surface dry. Wiping the spill, especially with a dark liquid, runs the risk of spreading a stain.
- We recommend that you use a soft dry cloth for cleaning.
- The Magnetic Fly Bench IS NOT a cutting mat. Cutting on the surface will cause permanent damage.